1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL investigating alleged harassment of female reporter in Jets locker room

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Sep 12, 2010.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't think she was "asking for it" but when she shows up at Super Bowl media days in a wedding dress to propose to Tom Brady and measures biceps, she forfeits any right to be taken seriously. She made herself a clown act.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I understand your point, but I think that Super Bowl media days are a whole different ball of wax.

3. VJ

VJ Member

Is it like Halloween where you can dress up like a whore?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Only if you want to blend in.

Seriously, she dresses pretty standard for about any female hosts I have seen on Telemundo or Univision or whatever.

5. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

A couple of male colleagues have asked my opinion of all this. If I say Ines Sainz was oversensitive, I feel like a traitor to my gender. But I wasn't there, so I don't know what was done and said.

The latest AP story I've seen makes everything seem remarkably innocuous.
    http://bit.ly/argsuN

Did something potentially inappropriate happen? Was something potentially inappropriate said? Probably. But it doesn't seem like this is anywhere near the level of the New England Patriots and Lisa Olson. But should it have to get that extreme before something is done? Absolutely not.

6. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Lupica: "I thought I was the sexiest reporter"

This one has The Onion, Sports by Brooks and Sports Pickle written all over it.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/reporter_claims_she_was_not_wearing_4HN7i4lgzPuJzWh1Ug6suK

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/galleries/meet_ines_sainz/meet_ines_sainz.html

What exactly did she expect?

I'd particularly like to see them do this with Lupica. Yeah that happens to every beat guy or columnist.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/hot_mexican_reporter_ines_sainz_Cc1xbPdTuDq7cfETtZOaDL?photo_num=4

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Agree, PD. Hard to see what was done.

The assistant throwing balls in her direction should get some heat/discipline -- harassment issues aside, he should be taking practice seriously a couple days before the team opens the season.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I will state definitively that Ms. Saenz looks better in jeans than 99.9 percent of the sports writers on the planet.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god, I would punch 15 hobos to have one day to look like that in jeans.

But yeah, if she was in those jeans and that shirt and stood there, near the other media and in the right place...then she did nothing wrong in this instance.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

But when those jeans find themselves on the shoulders of the players...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Do we know that this was even Ines' issue? It sounds like it might have been someone at AWSM (who may or may not have been there) fanning a brush fire, and then Christine Brennan blogging about it. I know the PFT note said she was "near tears" or whatever, but you can't honestly take that seriously when it comes to that kind of info/description. And from the T.O. video I posted earlier and the pics that have surfaced from media day since then, I just don't think Ines would have been complaining -- and it doesn't sound like that day represented much difference from her normal forays to practice and the locker room.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

cnbc's Darren Rovell tweets:

'Ines Sainz: Now the #1 hot search on Google ahead of Nate Berkus' show, Lady Gaga's Meat Dress & Calvin Johnson's catch.'

Draft saved Draft deleted