1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL investigating alleged harassment of female reporter in Jets locker room

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

If I saw the picture by itself, I would have thought Tiger Woods was involved in the story, for some reason.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I love football players.

Last year I interviewed an out of area running back while his buddies kept yelling "get some".

Not as dramatic as this, and a few nasty looks got them to stop.

3. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I never said that. I merely figured many of the readers of this board would want to see her.

Methinks you infer too much.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how the chivalrous Jet beat reporters handle this story tomorrow.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Terrell Owens knows this reporter quite well.

The way she has comported herself throughout her career could easily lead players to think she was OK with the jokes and the attention.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

As most women in sports will tell you, you don't have to have Ms Sainz's looks/pants/comportment to find yourself in the frat house. It's not comfortable or professional, but it's fact. As FarmerJ said, usually a dirty look or a quick change of location will handle the situation.

Not condoning what happened here, and maybe I don't understand the whole story, but.....shrug. Sorry.

7. MagillaGorilla

MagillaGorilla New Member

Sometimes, you just gotta know better. Even if you think a reporter is one of the "cool" chicks that likes the attention or get the joke, you still gotta know better.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I think we've all had to sit through enough sexual harassment seminars to know that even if something seems harmless, it may not be.

9. blog415

blog415 Member

seems like she will get more attention now. just what she wanted!

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Maybe the Jets behaved, but lets be clear about something, this reporter is dressed like a street walker. If a woman dressed like that at my place of business they would be fired. Wear some work appropriate clothing.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

She's wearing pants and a top. I guess that qualifies her to be an Amish street walker, but seems pretty appropriate to me.

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

The Jets' behavior is very 1987.

Her attire is very 2010.

The bar for what is acceptable to wear as a working member of the sports media-- and still be employed-- has been lowered to some point just above Skinemax.

I remember a long time ago when Andrea Kremer wore a sleeveless Ann Taylor-type dress on a hot day and was admonished for it. Arms! She has arms! I remember when Jill Arrington wore a conservative tank top on the air and later called it a "poor choice." A few years later, Jill went on to pose in a bra and Daisy Dukes for FHM.

Bottom line: It's one of those stories where you can't root for anybody, least of which the mainstream media.

Draft saved Draft deleted