1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Hall of fame finalists annouced, who's got your vote?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Ray Guy yes. Moron (yes, that's how I spelled it) Andersen no.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

Check the numbers for 50-plus-yard FGs. Morten Andersen is absolutely a Hall of Famer.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right Bubbler.

Maybe at 3 in the morning I just wanted it to be Morty. It was Gary Anderson ...

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That was also the ONLY field goal that Gary Anderson missed that year.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And one of many reasons that Morten Anderson is the Hall of Famer, not Gary. Even my Steelers fanboy bias can't swing that. Gary Anderson was the second-best kicker in the league when those two were both in their primes, but Morten Anderson was definitely better.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm skipping the old-timers, because I don't know wnough, which I think leaves me only 5 which means Tagliabue, Thomas, Guy & Grimm can wait. Art Monk stays out. Sharpe may have been better than Irvin at his peak, but injuries will keep him far short of HOF status. He's Mattingly or Dale Murphy, or IMO Terrel Davis.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

So the Hall of Fame is now the Hall of "Better then(sic) Average"? I missed that memo.

Draft saved Draft deleted