1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL GMs Pranked

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Pretty funny. Buddy Nix and Mark Dominik unknowingly have their phone conversation recorded by a couple of teen pranksters and it ends up on Deadspin.

Poor Buddy does not seem like the brightest bulb on the circuit.

http://deadspin.com/pranksters-record-two-nfl-gms-discussing-free-agency-ov-452366184?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

2. Boom_70

When talk turns to the Bills' moves, Nix says he's not planning on doing much because he's handcuffed by Ryan Fitzpatrick. "We're still struggling here with our quarterback...We're not really struggling--he's going to have to do something, or we'll have to."

More Nix on Fitzpatrick: "We just can't afford to pay that kind of money for a guy who's fighting for probably a backup job."

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My memory is hazy, but didn't Fitzpatrick's production start dropping like immediately after he signed that contract in-season?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Will Buddy Nix retire before the Bills finish free agency?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Technically yes, but it was also revealed later that he suffered broken ribs in the first game after signing the contract, a 23-0 win over Washington in which he played very well. (The contract was announced on Oct. 28, 2011; the Redskins game was two games later).

Here's his game log from that season:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00/gamelog/2011/

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just so sad on so many fronts; how do you not know what's going on? Nix is gone; soon, very soon. In today's world, how do you keep a guy who just thinks that you get a QB, you're set for 10 years? I would think the owners would ask for more proactive thinking than that. "Oh I lucked into Andrew Luck (RG III, Kaep, Wilson)? I'm done working."

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Been chuckling about this off and on since hearing it earlier today. Can't get Nix's voice out of my head. Quite a character.

8. Boom_70

Me too. He sounds like an ole time member of congress or a bowl scout.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

This isn't a prank. A prank is funny or harmless and ends with all parties laughing about it in the end.
    This guy could have cost people their jobs. Pretty sure recording w/out consent is a crime, right?
    I hope the Bills and Bucs sue the crap out of him.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Depends on the state. Many of them are "one-party consent" states, meaning only one person needs to know it's being recorded.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

This would be zero party, wouldn't it?

12. Boom_70

The first casualty of the prank ..... Ryan Fitzpatrick

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Bills cut QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, according to @buffalobills

Draft saved Draft deleted