1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL games have 12 minutes of action (95% of football is nothing happening)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rondembo, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

That's not the point, Hank.
    You can comment or not comment on rondembo's threads, but to attack the poster just seems so senseless.
    Every newbie's not a troll and every thread can be left alone if you don't like the topic.
    Attacks by anyone suck ass, big-time.
    Many here, and not just you, would be better off if they'd simply stick to the topic.

Me included. Front of the line.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I guess if there weren't mass bannings of people who registered just to be a-holes in political threads, then consistency dictates that someone who registers just to be a jerk about soccer/football/any particular topic is allowed to stick around.

I don't have to like it, of course. But that's what the button is for.

Unless anyone wants to see some photos of rondembo with sheep . . . .

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

peter your sj posting life seems to have really become narrowed. Either you are wondering why there are not mass bannings or taking umbrage with anyone who is not in love with soccer.

You really need to get out more.

4. rondembo

rondembo New Member

Soccer is percieved as a "Gay" game because it goes against American rugged individualism. In soccer, the point of the game is to fall down and fake injuries like the french instead of wearing WAR PADS and getting JACKED UP! Soccer is for the kid who couldn't play real sports like football and baseball, which require manly fortitude and strenght. How good of a sport can soccer be if women play it better and more than men? Soccer is like figure skating in America, a sissy pseudo sport where the dramatic acting skills and more important than dominating your opponent with shock and awe power. Compare the average football player to the average soccer player: 250lb vs. 160lbs. No contest, soccer is for weaklings and uncool losers. Football is for the coolest kid in the school who gets the hottest chick. Foreigners like soccer because they lack the masculine culture of achievement and competitiveness we have. How else do you explain the fact that foreigners prefer watching a bunch of skinny white kids running around kicking a ball with a score of 0-0, instead of big black guys pounding each other and scoring touchdowns and sleeping with the cheerleader?

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

boomnerd, does your mom know you're skipping school today?

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Brilliant parody!

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Rondembo is the reincarnation of Bandwagon Boy, perhaps the greatest SportsJournalists.com poster of all time!!

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Is Rondembo a sports journalists in any sense of the phrase?

9. rondembo

rondembo New Member

You soccer apologists just don't get it. We hate soccer because we love America.

[​IMG]

I have long been a soccer hater. I hated it from the first time in 7th grade (in the mid-70’s) when the entire world was telling us soccer and the metric system were a must for any country to survive in the “brave new world.” I even tried to play that one season, but instantly hated it. For all the usual reasons any self respecting American hates soccer, it’s boring as heck, no scoring ,etc., I just couldn’t get on board.

But there is another darker reason I abhor “the world’s game.” Through the years, I have come to realize that when someone tells me I have to like something, for whatever “good” reason they might have, I automatically tend to dislike it. It’s a desire to be independent in my thinking.

My aversion to soccer has more to do with resistance to the inevitable. “Oh, you’re an un-cultured swine.” You’re darn right I am, and proud of it. It irritates the heck out of me that in order to be seen as a “good parent” I have to spend the majority of my weekend on some damn cow pasture watching 6-year olds run around with no clue what they are trying to accomplish all for the prospect of orange wedges and juice boxes afterwards. I never have and never will be a part of it. I have instilled in my three lovely children a healthy hatred and mistrust of anything that has to do with a white and black speckled ball. They will never be caught dead on a soccer “pitch.”

To me soccer is nothing more than an insidious cancer sweeping across the land. Like a plague, it robs decent American stick-and-ball sports of good athletes. Club soccer coaches with visions of world dominance force their unwitting charges to play year–round or face the stigma of being an ugly American.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

You only get banned if you use naughty words toward somebody else or you're trying to sell something. Other than that, you can be as annoying/douchey(sp?)/dumb as you want to be.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

He's... serious? Oh my. I wish I could be there when you find out your kids have been playing and watching soccer behind your back. Also, why do I get the feeling you're harboring secret homosexual fantasies?

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

That's what this is all about? Another greying, bloviating columnist who feels the need to rage against the dying of the light while standing up for all things Good, Right and American?

What a waste of bandwidth.

Draft saved Draft deleted