1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL flex schedule

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Left_Coast, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Read and weep

Read and weep Member

How about if you had a couple of younger kids you wanted to take to the 1 p.m. game and planned on getting home by 6:30 p.m. Now you get home at 2 a.m. and everyone has to get up for school and work on Monday morning. Also, crowds at 1 p.m. games tend to be much more family friendly than night games (full afternoon of boozing it up in the parking lot for the loud-mouth drunks).
    NFL doesn't give two craps about in-stadium crowds, only TV revenue.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll be at a concert during Bears-Giants now, but I guess I'll record and watch afterwards.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

You can always scalp your tickets for a shitload of money. That will show the NFL when you pocket a couple of hundred bucks.....

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Which is why the NFL, starting next year, will move two REGULAR SEASON GAMES outside U.S. borders ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2637594

... Not the most fan friendly move, by any means. I mean, I kind of understand the flex schedule to make sure that those primetime December games that looked good in August aren't duds, but this makes no sense to me.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Agreed. The big leagues need to wake up to this kind of BS.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

With the money the NFL has they could cushion the blow by giving season ticket holders a free weekend in the foreign city holding the game.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

But instead, teams force season ticket holders to buy 1 or 2 useless exhibition games (at full price) as part of the season-ticket package.

There is no sport that rips off its fans while guananteeeing profits for its billionaire owners more than the NFL does.

Draft saved Draft deleted