1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Fashion Police: Come along Mr. Urlacher.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's Media Day, I'm sure they go through a zillion rules with the players before it. The NFL doesn't want its players to resemble NASCAR drivers for the world to see.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Well, pragmatically speaking, the NFL doesn't want people who pay them big bucks for "official" sponsorships being undermined by some mom and pop who gives a player a bunch of free stuff.

Can't say I wouldn't do the same thing in their circumstances.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That too. Probably more of what you said than what I said.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Walk up and smack Goodell right in the nutsack with his bag of pennies. This from a eague which wouldn't let Jake Plummer honor Pat Tillman with a number on his helmet ro telling Peyton Manning not to wear black hi-tops to honor Johnny U.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

You Gack? (fires sack of change into man's chest)... I know Buck will get this one.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

This is jusy hysterical. The league that let's a criminal who twice violated his probation but stocking a small arsenal in his house play in the Super Bowl with no ramificatioins, fines a guy 100 grand for wearing an unauthorized hat.

FUCK THE NFL. THESE PEOPLE ARE TOTAL ASSHOLES.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Ha! Funny. I was thinking about that episode when someone mentioned payng in pennies.

I think that name's Duth isn't it?

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The damage Goodell does to the league's reputation for dropping a six-digit fine over a damned cap (and ridicule it brings) does much more damage to the league than a player wearing a silly cap does.
    As much as I admired the way Goodell threw the book at Pac-Man Jones last week, I look at him with contempt this week.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You know I can see the NFL telling them not to advertise at their own events. Could you imagine some of these guys wearing poker.net or something like that?

As far as remembering people. I know Peyton and Jake are good causes, but how do they tell them "yes" and then tell guys "no" for doing something for Adam "Rainman" Jones? What about something honoring a guy killed violently in a drug deal?

If you start saying yes, it's hard to say no.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What damage? People will laugh, people will still watch on TV, people will still go to games...

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Slappy's right. The fucking lemmings will still think this is the greatest fucking league that ever existed...as the quality deteriorates day-by-day and those in power become more and more self-absobed every minute.

12. boots

boots New Member

Urlacher won't have to pay the fine. The company will. They will also profit from the noteriety.

Draft saved Draft deleted