1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL editor -- USA Today

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Nov 6, 2013.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Good hire. Of course, I also wonder if this means Alabama will be looking for someone after they shift around jobs (YOU'RE HIRED!)

2. bake1234

bake1234 Member

Great hire. Izzy will do a fantastic job.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Very good hire and a nice Miami Herald hookup.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Congrats and good luck. Welcome to the wide wonderful world of Gannett.

5. Izzy Gould

Izzy Gould Member

Hey, thanks for all of the kind words and well wishes. Fortunate and extremely thankful to have this opportunity.

Not sure how AL.com will choose to handle my vacancy, but I promise you if you want to lead a 21st century sports department, it's a terrific opportunity. I've had the pleasure of living in Alabama twice, and I would not have returned for my second tour had I not truly loved it here.

Recent proof of the state's kindheartedness were many of the unselfish acts during last week's winter storms. My father-in-law and two youngest kids were forced to seek shelter at a hotel only to find out the rooms were all gone. A businessman, who took pity on my family, gave up his hotel room so my kids would have a place to sleep instead of the hotel hallway.

And there are countless stories much better than mine.

In terms of working at AL.com, it's been a great experience. The company is poised for continued success moving forward, and it's hiring, traveling and investing in equipment.

If you have interest in applying at AL.com feel free to email me if you have questions: izzygould@gmail.com. I'd like to do all I can to help AL.com find a great replacement to keep moving this staff forward.

My current staff of 24 is terrific, and uniquely equipped for real-time reporting in a 24/7, 365 day news cycle.

Again, thanks for all the nice messages. I'm truly humbled.

-- Izzy

Draft saved Draft deleted