1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL drug testing is a joke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Aug 22, 2010.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

All sports drug tests for HGH are a joke.

2. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I get the point, but it is definitely true that the training is far more advanced than it was 40, 20 or 10 years ago. Every guy with muscle tone is accused of using steroids now.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

No one has ever worked out harder than this kid. Do you see a difference?

4. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

This is exactly the kind of narrow-mindedness I'm talking about. There are thousands of people in this country who are more defined and muscular than Herschel Walker and never touched a steroid. Herschell Walker didn't even lift weights, he did thousands of push-ups every day. There are twiggy baseball players who have failed multiple drug tests.

Looking at a picture of a shirtless athlete or noting the size of his biceps is not sufficient evidence to decide who is and isn't using steroids. There are ways to be ripped or massive without using banned drugs. A lot of it is training technique, diet, and the big one, genetics.

There are people doing it. Terrell Owens is widely believed to be clean and has as good a physique as anyone who's ever played football. And honestly, that picture of Joey Porter (I think?) isn't all that unbelievable. With the right body and training, a physique like that is attainable. He actually looks pretty natural compared to some of the shit out there.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

And at least use a picture that has some detail.

http://www.achievement.org/achievers/wal0/large/wal0-018.jpg

I'd say he's every bit as built as Porter above.

Draft saved Draft deleted