1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Mar 27, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

How many times are we going to be reminded about Warren Sapp's failed drug test that made him slide in the draft? I would certainly hope no team in the top 10 would be dumb enough to fall for that shit...

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well, the good thing is, we'll find out who's really running the draft this year. I can't imagine McHappyHour taking Gregory now. This is his first draft, top five pick. I'd hope he wouldn't use it on a guy with serious character questions. We'll see.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Are you saying Randy Gregory beats up prostitutes?

4. Mr. Sunshine

This goes to my thinking regarding the Bears' first pick. I don't think a new GM is going to take a player like White with his first pick. Nothing is a sure thing, but these guys are supposed to do their homework. Quickest way to lose a GM job is to start doing questionable shit right away. On a team coming off two historically bad defensive years who hired a defensive- minded coach, picking a receiver with "lots of potential" seems foolish.

5. JackReacher

Yeah. That is the only thing that give me hope that this draft won't be a complete debacle. A little bit of a debacle, sure. A complete one? HOPE NOT!

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. RecoveringJournalist

Your hatred for Kevin White amuses me. Most teams would be jumping up and down to get this guy.

7. Mr. Sunshine

No hatred, but on the list of positions the Bears should look at in the first round, receiver is about equal with punter. You don't turn a team around quickly by taking receivers in the top 10.

8. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, but I think receivers have more value today than they did a few years ago. You lose Marshall, you replace him with White, I think there are much worse things, but I think some of it depends on who is still available.

Which defensive guys would you want ahead of White? Ray? Shelton? Beasley? Dupree? Collins?

9. Mr. Sunshine

10. Mr. Sunshine

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind if they traded down and grabbed Collins if they don't like any of the edge rushers or Shelton. Safety has been a black hole for the franchise going on a decade now. If they do go edge rusher, who knows? Seems like Ray is the most polished.

11. JackReacher

12. RecoveringJournalist

If I was a Bears fan, I would want them to take Ray. If both quarterbacks go before then, I think there's a decent chance he's there. I could also see the Skins taking him.

Draft saved Draft deleted