1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Mar 27, 2015.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

FWIW, I was reading a lot of "I have White ranked ahead of Cooper" before the combine.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, White didn't come out of nowhere. Sometimes I wonder if some of the players who come out of Alabama are a bit overhyped because we've all seen so much of them on TV. I think this year's group will be similar to last year's in that the first five receivers have the potential to be really, really good and be able to contribute right away.

Cooper scares me, not that I don't think he's going to be good, but I don't know if he's on the level of what you would expect out of a receiver taken in the top 5 or top 10 picks. White has the size and the speed that you want in a No. 1 wideout.

Strong, Parker and Green-Beckham should all be first-rounders. I sort of feel like Perriman and Coates, who I'm starting to see in the first round of some mock drafts, would both be reaches in the first round.

As a Niners fan, I hope they get Parker or Green-Beckham.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You sound like a shitty GM. :)

JackReacher likes this.
  4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yeah, Perriman and Coastes scare me. If you can't catch the damn ball in college, why would I expect you to start catching it in the NFL?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Cooper and White could be this year's version of AJ Green and Julio Jones. There's really no wrong answer.

6. Mr. Sunshine

There are always wrong answers. That's why the Raiders and Browns exist.

7. Mr. Sunshine

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Charley Casserly has White AND Parker ahead of Cooper. However, he does have all 3 as top 15 worthy.

9. Mr. Sunshine

I trust a guy like Cooper coming out of a more pro-style offense with the coaches at Bama than I do White coming out of the spread at West Virginia.

10. JackReacher

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

None of the guys the Bears signed on defense are impact players. Pace and Fox have done a great job addressing depth, but they'd be nuts to use a top 10 pick on a receiver, especially when the position is so deep.

12. JackReacher

I'm going to start drinking heavily on the Tuesday before the draft in preparation for the inevitable. Or maybe this Tuesday.

Draft saved Draft deleted