1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 25, 2007.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I hate Chris Berman for that. What a dope.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What some might forget is that his last carry was a 25-yard touchdown run to start overtime. He showed the power and the burst anyone would want in a running back on that carry. Seems like he played through it OK.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ken O'Brien was from Cal-Davis? Man, I totally forgot that.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

over/under on the number of times we'll hear the term "upside" on Saturday's telecast: 50.

I'm taking the over.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or is ESPNU having a "Courageous Brady Quinn Is About to be Drafted" marathon this week?

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Saturday? How about in the first three hours? (which would be about, what five picks?)

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Depends. Did they have Mike Golic on? Was he wearing kneepads?

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I honestly don't get what the big appeal is over watching the draft. I mean, you hear about people that plan draft parties and watch it non-stop. That's a bit much.

All I really want to know is who my team drafts (and after the first 20 minutes, I'll be able to take a nice long break from it this year :D)

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

C'mon, Hank. If anything you should pay more attention this year. What the Lions do with their pick affects the first 10-15 picks. I'm intrigued, to tell you the truth.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

It's able to draw in people who follow the NFL and those who follow college football (and, yes, those aren't mutually exclusive).

See who your team takes! See you your rival takes! See where players from your favorite/area schools go!

Now if only they didn't take 15 minutes between picks in the first round ...

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I love watching the draft, always have. I won't be able to attend my friend's annual draft party, where steak and eggs is served an hour before the draft begins, starting a day-long drinkfest. But it's always a good time there.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yes, it's all overkill.
    Yes, I'll be watching.

Draft saved Draft deleted