1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Re: Running NFL Draft thread

Unfortunately, Petrino might be complacent in waiting at no. 8 for Okoye to fall to him if he does. He's comfortable with him after all. But, I think Petrino and McKay are way too smart for that. Keeping Calvin Johnson in the Atlanta area will be a greater boon than drafting someone Petrino is familiar with.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not sure he'd say that about Adams, but give Kiper credit. He has been willing to say stuff like that in the past. Trev Alberts was one (he was right). Chris Speilman another (he was wrong). But Kiper has no problem stating his opinion.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

If Reggie Ball could throw to Calvin Johnson, Jon Kitna can throw to Calvin Johnson. I think he can make anyone look capable.

4. hpdrifter

hpdrifter Member

Hope Johnson can downfield block when Vick tucks it and runs. An NFL receiver I know said Atlanta is where WRs go to die.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Any truth to the rumors that Russell is rather complacent and not one to put in the work and time that some may expect of him? Heard Todd Wright talking about that last night.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Uh oh ...

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Russell's old QB coach, Jimbo Fisher, seemed to speak real highly of his work ethic when he did an interview on the subject earlier this week. Todd Wright is probably bitter that LSU completely destroyed his beloved Hurricanes program in the Peach Bowl a couple of years ago.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Chris Landry was saying that Russell needs to improve his work ethic as well two nights ago on Fox Sports Radio

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought there were some conditioning issues there as well. Still, NFL scouting types just have to love the guy's physical tools. He's got that ability to not only make throws many NFL quarterbacks can't, but make it look effortless. Now if he can stay in shape and adapt to the NFL game....

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"And with the third pick in the 2007 Canadian Football League Draft, the Calgary Stampeders select Jared Zabritzke, quarterback, Boise State."

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Problem is.........GT's offensive line is better than the Lions.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

We need a pool on which team will be the first to say "We couldn't believe he was still available" about their first pick.

My pick: The Vikings.

Draft saved Draft deleted