1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 25, 2007.

1. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

Re: Running NFL Draft thread

Craig Davis, middle-round WR

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Should the Lions take Johnson, despite their history with WRs? Seems like a stupid reason to shy away from him. And if Millen still has the Fords support, what's the risk. It seems like he'd have to knife a busload of nuns to get fired.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

It seems doubly stupid to pass on the best player just because you've screwed up picks at that position previously. On the other hand, the Lions have Roy Williams and other good receivers, so taking another WR would likely mean ignoring bigger holes for a franchise that really sucks as of late.

Of course, the Lions don't want anything to do with the second pick so they don't have to deal with the pressure of making such a choice.

4. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I'd trade down and try to address other needs. Speaking of Lions WRs, what's the story these days with Mike Williams? Is he ever going to pan out? I really thought he'd be great.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I was watching ESPN at the gym this evening and they were comparing the top picks to current and former NFL players -- Brady Quinn-Tom Brady, JaMarcus Russell-Daunte Culpepper, Adrian Peterson-Eric Dickerson, Calvin Johnson-T.O....and I'm wondering, I wish some guy had the stones to compare a guy to a Ki-Jana Carter or a Ryan Leaf. These guys aren't all going to be superstars.

6. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I'd love to hear Mel Kiper saying that shit on draft day. "This Gaines Adams, I'm just not sure. In my opinion, he's the next Aundray Bruce."

7. amraeder

I'd like to hear a GM evaluate his draft by saying "You know what, I don't even know what we were thinking. In all honestly, we were just taking stabs in the dark. We're not even sure what position a few of these guys plays."
    Just to see how the ESPN guys react.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Whatever they do, it can't be as bad as the Texans' decision making in the first round a year ago.

9. amraeder

True dat

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Let's not bring up Quincy's name here ever again please :mad:

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'd be shocked if the Lions keep the second pick. The horse race betwen Atlanta and Tampa Bay to get up there to make sure they get Calvin Johnson will be incredible. I think it favors the Falcons though because they have two second-rounders this year after fleecing Houston on the Matt Schaub deal.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

If Detroit takes the second pick, picks Johnson and keeps him......Matt Millen will be run over by a lot of Fords driving Fords.

You're going to depend on Jon Kitna to throw the ball to Johnson.........God help us all.

Would love, love, love to see him in Atlanta........Vick, Dunn, Johnson, White, Jenkins.......and they got that numbnuts Mora out of there.

Draft saved Draft deleted