1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft Review: 2003-2008

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Apr 16, 2009.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I'm not into the draft as much as I once was, I guess because the older I get the more I realize what an inexact process it is. I still enjoy seeing where the hyped-up college players go, and who my team picks. But I no longer buy the magazines or watch the wall-to-wall coverage. I'm just not that interested anymore.

And that ESPN commercial with Kiper doing the touch-screen, Mission: Impossible-style crap with all those heads-up displays is just freaking ridiculous.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Indeed it is. And I wonder if he's pissed that he has to share his expert status these days.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm curious as whom my team will be picking. But no first-round pick? No point in getting ridiculously worked up.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Heard him and McShay on the radio a while back, and it sure sounded like Mel was a bit pissy. Don't care for either that much, but I think I like McShay better.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Grrrrrr!! I'm the angry man......

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That was the FIRST thing I thought of.

Sorry, but that made me laugh. :D

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I laughed at that, too.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Same boat.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Probably so the new picks can get started on the playbook and get settled in with their new teams before training camp.

Heck, the draft used to be held at the end of December, back in the pre-Super Bowl days. And teams would use Street and Smith as one of their biggest sources of information.

As for myself, I used to get psyched up for the draft as a kid in the early ESPN days. Now, there's so much analysis on these picks, many of whom I had never heard of, that I've lost interest. I still like checking in from time to time on Draft Day, but I'm not as obsessed as I used to be.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

As a Packers fan, I still have anticipation that they may have fucked up use of that pick. :)

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

So did I.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm with you, though I'll make sure to have my TV on the draft. I'm a sucker for drafts -- real, mock or otherwise. I've watched the NBA draft for years, I've watched the MLB draft on ESPN the past two years. Basically, the only one I've missed is the NHL, and I can do without that.

As a college and pro football fan, I like the NFL draft because it satisfies my offseason need for both.

Draft saved Draft deleted