1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nfl draft gurus

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txsportsscribe, Feb 17, 2007.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

need to do a write-up on local kid going to the nfl combine and his draft prospects. who are some good "draft gurus" i could try to contact?
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Get a Ouija board and try to talk to Joel Buchsbaum (sp)... :)
  3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

now that's just wrong
  4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Talk to a coach or talent evaluator. Fuck the "gurus."
  5. pallister

pallister Guest

Talk to coaches of teams he played against. The kid's coach might be a bit biased.
  6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Who the hell is Mel Kiper Jr.?

Have you ever seen Kiper and Joey Buttafucco in same room?
  7. melock

melock Active Member

I second that. If you can't get college coaches talk to the high school coaches whose teams played against this kid. That even emphasizes the local angle even more.
  8. shockey

shockey Active Member

eff the gurus. none since buchsbaum has been worth a darn. the guy dedicated his life to the nfl draft, and had the respect of EVERY -- and i mean EVERY -- nfl exec in the league. even a dick like belichick was respectful of joel.

anyone here who ridicules the late buchsbaum is an efftard. everyone after him -- including espn star kiper -- knows NOTHING. joel, on the other hand, knew more than anyone i've ever known, regarding draft stuff.

when we lost joel, we lost the genuine article.
  9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Macur on Buchsbaum

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

For the record, I wasn't making fun of Buchsbaum... As Shockey pointed out, he was the best guru ever...
  11. shockey

shockey Active Member

this was a tremendous story. a must-read for anyone who fancies themselves a joel/draftnik.
  12. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I like Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown.com. Guy know his stuff AND his site is 100 percent free - and very informative and well-organized.
Draft saved Draft deleted