1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft Going The Way Of NBA Draft....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

... and by that I mean strictly in terms of players who have no business leaving school, doing so anyway through some over-inflated sense of self. And while the distance between the two sports is only minimal to begin with, today Virginia Tech RB Brandon Ore, who played the 2007 season fat, out of shape, and ineffectively before he was suspended for part of the Orange Bowl, has declared for the draft. At least dude was smart enough not to get an agent yet.

Not sure what he's thinking.

Then again, the fun is in the NBA draft when you try and figure out who the hell half of those underclassmen (he played for UMD-Eastern Shore? is he Art Shell's kid?) are. Glad to see football is moving in the same direction, though to keep up they may also need to pare down to two rounds.

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I bet it's something like this: "I have flunked out of school."

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If they aren't good enough for the draft, they won't be drafted. Enough of 'em do it, the rest get the message.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

ding, ding, ding, ding, ding,

5. Also see Lee, Xavier

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I hear the Arena Football League has a few roster spots open.

7. Flying Headbutt

Thing is the Richmond paper said Ore is still attending classes right now. Maybe he's just hoping pro teams remember he was the pre-season pick for ACC Player of the Year, and then not bother to check to see what happened all year.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

But didn't you see the article where his parents said Lee felt used and unappreciated by FSU's coaching staff and how insulting it was when they asked him to move to TE. He's a quarterback at heart!!!

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Does not signing with an agent matter with football? Once declared aren't they done?

10. Flying Headbutt

He's got a few days to return to school.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Va. Tech's Macho Harris and Oher from Ole Miss are aparrantly coming back after they had declared.

12. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Wonder if there was enough shadiness about Oher going to the NFL, just like it was when he went to college.

Draft saved Draft deleted