1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Draft: First Round QBs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ttomea, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ttomea

ttomea New Member

Which of the four quarterbacks taken in the first round of April's draft do you guys think will have the most successful career and why?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Hi, hounds please."

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i dunno how anyone could have enough confidence in ANY of these guys to state they'll have anything resembling what we'd consider 'success' at all. :eek: ??? ::)

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The one who throws the most touchdowns.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The only prediction I'll make is that Newton will play the most in 2011, and therefore will be the one most often called a dismal failure on this message board.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Come back in 3-5 years...

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wild guess.... Christian Ponder, Minnesota. No way would I have picked Newton or Jake Locker that high.

Ryan Mallett has a chance, but will have to sit behind Tom Brady for a few years first.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The most round QB is what interests me more than who was the first.

9. Mizzougrad96

The best QB in this group will be one who doesn't have to do much as a rookie and has a good coach who will help him develop.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Newton with Rivera, a new D-first HC, is a worrisome match, oh yeah plus a 1-15 team.

Locker behind Hasselback is a good situation but watching Locker in the Pac-10 he was very scatter-armed.

Ponder I have my doubts.

Mallet (not a 1st rder right?) is in the best situation with Belicheck & Brady.

Kaepernick is in a good situation with Harbaugh as well.

11. Mizzougrad96

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the TCU kid might do well in Cincy.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Mallett is a total lurch. Unless he has some ability to move within the pocket that he has never shown before, or he has a great offensive line that keeps him untouched, I think him being a good NFL QB is a longshot.

Draft saved Draft deleted