1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Play!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Bills trailed the Oilers by 32 points early in the third quarter. Minnesota held a 24-point lead with 1:56 to play against a beaten team that was ready to get off the field and out of the state. Not the same things.

It's not whining to call it what it is -- a bush-league act by a coach who's been outclassed and outmaneuvered for years.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Pl

Dallas passed on a fourth down with a little more than 2 minutes to go in that last regular season game against the Eagles, leading 24-0. They were at the Philly 35, facing fourth-and-2. Romo got sacked for a loss of 12 yards and Philly took over with 2:20 left. So I guess because they failed on their pass, they weren't running up the score? Did Brooking storm after Romo? What's the difference to yesterday, other than the Vikings' play succeeded?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=300103006&period=4

I like the idea of Dallas getting vengeance next year. What are they going to do, try and hurt Favre, assuming he's playing? The guy who's never missed a game? Are they sending Flozell Adams out there on defense to leg whip him? Will they sign Charles Martin to bodyslam him?

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

He might have if he wasn't playing for the Falcons.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

WTF? He was referring to this season's final game.

5. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Yeah, I totally whiffed on the word "regular." Epic smartass fail.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

If I were the Vikings, I wouldn't have thrown the ball in the situation. I would have probably had the backups in.

If I were the Cowboys, I would've made a mental note after they threw for that last touchdown, been a little annoyed and maybe have given the bench or Favre a knowing look, but that would be the extent of my reaction.

Draft saved Draft deleted