1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Play!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Pl

I have never seen receivers as wide open as some of the Packers were yesterday against Arizona. If I'm Marques Colston, Devery Henderson and Robert Meachem, my eyes lit up like a Christmas tree when I saw that.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

To clarify the scheduling, CBS and Fox rotate the prime time slots during the playoffs. This year, CBS gets the Saturday night prime time game in the divisional round, and Fox gets the 6:30 p.m. Sunday slot for the conference championship round. Next year, they flip-flop.

Now, what's confusing to me is why, if CBS considers it important to put Peyton in prime time on Saturday night, why not also assign your No. 1 crew? Right now, both networks' No. 1 crews are working Sunday. On the NFC side, it makes perfect sense. Little more strange for CBS, though.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Supe's in February, now,
    because they were getting
    close to it, anyway . . . and
    February's a ratings Sweeps month. A natural.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Since 2000, the only champion to lose its regular season finale has been the 2007 Giants, and that team played balls to the wall in that loss.

Saints, Cardinals and Colts? A game of controlled grabass in their finales.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Pl

I gotta think Boom loved this column today.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/columnists/lupica/index.html

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes, but weather is part of football.

I agree that a blizzard might not be the best weather for a game, but shit, at least make it cold or windy.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The same reason the World Series will stretch farther into November in the future. Sweeps.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

C'mon. The NFL is a passing league and the rules favor it. You're not going to grind it out on the ground trailing by two possessions when you can loft it 60 yards and possibly get a pass-interference penalty.

When teams get down by double digits, that's why they start chucking the pill. You have a balanced offense and yet you're trailing by double digits, therefore it's time to "adjust." And you know what? Good teams get back in the game because of it.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Hotdishistan??

That being said, the duo of Childress and Favre will find some way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I have 40-plus years of Vikings history to back me up. :( :(

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I agree with the sentiment posted previously that until you're down two touchdowns with 5 minutes left, you can run Peterson all day long.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm starting to think the Ravens might do to the Colts what they did to the Patriots. Maybe not to the same lopsided degree, but in a definitive fashion none the less. I'm not sold on that idea yet, but sorta leaning that way.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It wouldn't shock me, especially if the layoff does lead to the Colts coming out flat. That said, the Colts are better than the Patriots in every phase of the game and Manning will have all of his weapons, something Brady did not have.

Draft saved Draft deleted