1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Play!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Saints, Colts, Cowboys and Chargers.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not one game will be played in cold weather.

I hate domes.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I may be watching two different teams but I don't see this being a particularly close game -- I think Dallas is a lot better, particularly on defense.

I just don't see how the Vikings will protect Favre against that pass rush and while the Vikings pass rush is good as well, the back seven is suspect -- this has the smell of a game that Dallas gets a little bit of a lead early then just snuffs the life out of the Vikings slowly but surely.

This one and Chargers-Jets I expect to be blowouts.

I think the Saints and Colts will win the other two games but I expect both games to be close and it wouldn't shock me if either the Cardinals or Ravens pulled off the (mild) upsets.

4. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I think that the Colts, Cardinals, Vikings and Chargers will win. I was 2-2 in the wildcard round. Not too good.

5. zagoshe

Not that it matters but I had the Jets, Cowboys, Patriots and Packers so I was 2-2 as well.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Saints, Cowboys, Indy and Chargers
    Two pretty nice conference championship games, I'd say
    (The one possible change would be Favre & Co. winning, which would still leave an attractive NFC title game. Favre's got tons of followers and family near New Orleans)

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Cardinals, Vikings, Ravens, Chargers

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

I posted this on the wild-card week thread but it fits better here, so:

For all the talk about the Saints' offense, it really hasn't been great for a month. Their last 30-point game was Dec. 6 (and that was a game they should have lost). Since then: 26, 17, 17, 10 and the 17s were both at home. Maybe the Saints wake up in the playoffs, but I can see the Cardinals outscoring them even if the Arizona defense plays like it did against Green Bay. I think the Saints lose, and there's even a chance (not a huge one, but a chance) it's a blowout.

9. zagoshe

Honestly, provided the Jets get knocked out - which they will - I can live with any results this weekend because I really think every other combination would produce good championship weekend games.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

NFC championship: Cowboys at Saints.

AFC championship: Chargers at Colts.

SB XLIV: Cowboys vs. Chargers.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Re: NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Pl

I have NEVER understood that line of thinking.

If a balanced offense has been the best way for a team to move the ball all season, why does being down quickly by one or two scores AUTOMATICALLY throw that out the window? Sure, running the ball takes a little more time. But we're not talking being down two scores with 4 minutes left.

Game was not meant to be played at its highest level in a blizzard. Once upon a time football was an autumn game, basketball a winter game, baseball a spring and summer game with a Fall Classic.

College seasons used to be over by Thanksgiving. NFL season used to be over by Christmas.

Only constantly expanding schedules and playoffs pushed this through January and into February.

12. zagoshe

My goodness, maybe the Apocalypse is upon us, BTExpress and I agree on something.....

Draft saved Draft deleted