1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Play!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Your schedule is as follows:

Saturday

Cardinals at Saints, 4:30 p.m. (FOX)
    Ravens at Colts, 8:15 (CBS)

Sunday

Cowboys at Vikings, 1 p.m. (FOX)
    Jets at Chargers, 4:30 p.m. (CBS)

2. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Why the hell do the Cardinals and Ravens play on short rest while the Cowboys and Jets get an extra day?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why is this called the divisional round? Are the winners declared division champs?
    No, it has nothing to do with divisions.
    It's the conference semifinals.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Pl

As noted on the other thread, love the Chargers giving 7 1/2.

Would love to see the Ravens cram it right up Bill Polian's smug ass. (It's less grotesque than it sounds)

Outright, I'll go with Chargers, Colts, Cowboys and Cardinals.

5. nafselon

Because the No. 1 seeds are slated for Saturday and the No. 2 seeds are slated for Sunday?

The top seeds should have an advantage.

6. nafselon

I like the Vikings against the Cowboys as long as Favre's ego and overall lack of success against the Cowboys in the playoffs doesn't get the best of him.

The Vikings can run and control the football with Peterson, allowing Favre to really pick and choose when he decides to go downfield. On defense the Vikings can pressure the QB without blitzing and they have Pat and Kevin Williams in the middle to keep Dallas' running game from going wild.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't think there's any conspiracy theory, but that question answers itself.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

How does it answer itself? What is your conspiracy theory?

I think part of the answer is CBS wanted Peyton in prime-time.
    Plus, if the No. 1s play Sturday, they get an extra day before the conference finals, a reward perhaps for being No. 1

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

A Vikings-Cowboys playoff game can't be written about without a story on Armen Terzian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armen_Terzian

Somewhere, my dad is screaming. In hell, Vikings fans will watch a continuous loop of Drew Pearson's push-off, Old Man Willie running down the sidelines for the Raiders, Darrin Nelson's drop, Gary Anderson's missed FG, and Hank Stram on the sidelines, babbling on and on for NFL Films' Super Bowl IV recap.

10. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

For a minute I thought that said Arman Tanzarian.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Same answer as most everything else: TV. It's no different than in years past, they simply put the matchups they like best in the premier timeslots and fill in the blanks from there.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: NFL Divisional Round Thread: Colts? Chargers? Vikings? Saints? Come Out & Pl

[​IMG]

You too?

Draft saved Draft deleted