1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round Thread: Another Step on the March to the Eagles-Titans Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Jan 9, 2018.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's wearing glasses?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Donatello and Michaelangelo are taken?

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I think the Circus family has made a outstanding choice.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He understood that what was a consideration?

If the Steelers don't want his 2,000 yards from scrimmage, I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would take those.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

When are we going to get some radio called Poin?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somebody else will probably get a shot for 2019, but he's going to be franchise tagged again this year. By then, he will be entering his age 27 season with a ton of mileage on him. His average per carry dropped to 4.0 this year after it was 4.9 in 2015 and 2016. Part of that was not showing up for training camp, which led to a lousy start to the season, so the numbers are a little misleading. Bell's going to be an elite back for at least a few more seasons, but I still think the injury history and drug history will keep the Steelers from doing a long-term deal at the level Bell wants.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's weird and it has been weird for years. He always looked awkward doing it, but the numbers show he was effective. I think early in his career, it was maybe the last part of getting used to taking snaps from center after spending his entire college career in the shotgun, but that's a long time ago.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That was a good win for Jacksonville, but I'm not sure the committee has them in their top four. Do they pass the eye test?

Draft saved Draft deleted