1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round Thread: Another Step on the March to the Eagles-Titans Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Jan 9, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just a quirk. The Cowboys were the No. 1 seed in the NFC last year and played on Sunday afternoon, though there was quirk because the early game was moved to night because of an ice storm in Kansas City. It's all about TV.

In general, whoever has the early game in the conference championships, which rotates each year, gets the Saturday night game. This year, it's CBS. Whoever has the late conference championship game loses a divisional game to NBC. This year, that's Fox.

The quirk is that Fox not only has the prime time NFC Championship Game, but it also has the coveted late Sunday slots in the wild card and divisional rounds.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

QYFW likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He is a drama queen. I don't think that quote is him being dramatic. They asked him if it's his last game at Heinz. He says he doesn't think so. Unless he thinks the Titans are coming there next weekend, he plans on playing next year.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Bingo.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If, by chance, it happens to be Falcons-Vikings NFC Championship Game........be sure to ask a Vikings fan about the 1998 NFC Championship Game.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's an atrocious typo.

"An NFL playoffs commercial"

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I was trying to take my wife into booking a flight to New Orleans for next weekend. Can't think of anything more fun than watching potential Steelers-Pats at a bar down there, then being around the city for Falcons-New Orleans

10. albert777

albert777 Active Member

I was at the Superdome for the last Falcons-Saints game, and it was loudest I have ever heard it in that building. Sounded like I was next to a 747.

Rhody31 likes this.
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

sgreenwell and Spartan Squad like this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Steelers may have lost two defensive starters in practice today. Cornerback Artie Burns suffered a non-contact knee injury. Supposedly, his ligaments are intact, but that doesn't mean he'll be able to play Sunday.

Defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt left practice with his arm in a sling. He has struggled with an arm injury all season

Draft saved Draft deleted