1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round Thread: Another Step on the March to the Eagles-Titans Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Those two teams are of course the favorites to be eliminated by midnight Saturday, and not wrongly. But I think we need a thread for what was once called "the best weekend of the season." Hard to see that here.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Will probably only watch the Sunday games, as I'll be out at a cabin in the mountains on Saturday evening. I don't think I'll regret missing those Saturday games. I really think the Pats can name their score against the Titans.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Actually, I think it'll be more in the nature of a really dull 27-10 game. Pats will come out blazing, get a double-digit lead, and then just call plays that minimize risks to Brady. Titans have used up their comeback victory quota for this postseason.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You'd get 240-to-1 in Vegas right now on an Eagles-Titans SB.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Patriots have done the opposite quite a bit this season, starting slow, then pulling away in the third quarter. I think that is the more likely path to score like what you are talking about.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Eagles 23-17.

7. I like the AFC Home teams and NFC Visitors this weekend.

Chef2 likes this.
  8. albert777

albert777 Active Member

I would have liked the Saints over the Vikings a lot better if Andrus Peat hadn't gone down with a broken leg. Not only does he protect Drew Brees' back side, he's also a devastating run blocker.

Still, I think the NFL saved the best for last with that matchup. Looks like a toss-up from here. I believe the key is going to be Case Keenum and how well the Saints defend the pass. If they can keep Minnesota under 20 points, I think the Saints win.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I approve of this thread title.

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I agree that Saints-Vikings has a good chance to be the best game of the weekend. It's supposed to be in the low 50s in Philly on Saturday, and though some rain might be in the forecast, Atlanta probably catches a break with no freezing temps to deal with.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Best weekend of the football season or any sports season?

I thought the first 4 days of the NCAA hoops tourney was supposed to be the "best weekend" of the season.

CD Boogie likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it is always locked in that way, but I thought the scheduling was that way because it is the top seeds playing Saturday, giving them an extra day of rest if they make the conference finals, then the No. 2 seeds Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted