1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, Jan 11, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think Elway is over rated. It's not that he wasn't a great player, but it's based on his complete body of work and some great comeback performances.
    Hisa Super Bowl performances, in many cases leave a lot to be desired. The fact that he got to many SBs is remarkable. But it's not like he was dominant while there. His 14 for 38 and 3INT performance against the Redskins in '87. 10 for 26 2 INTS against the 49ers in '89. He was 12 for 22 123 0TD 1 INT in his 1st win.
    In winning 7 staright playoff games in '97 & '98, Elway threw for more than 300 once, the '98SB. 6 TDs and 3 INTS in 7 games. A conservative offense based around the run, not Elway. Against the Jets in the AFC Championship game he was 13 for 34.

Elway was great and in the Pantheon, but he wasn't in the catagory of Montana and Brady.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

A few thoughts the morning after:
    1. The Seahawks-Bears game was a lot better than I thought it would be.
    2. I told you all the Seahawks would cover, but they didn't win so hate on me now.
    3. I am sure this has been discussed, but I'm not rereading 30 pages - but I was disappointed in the play-calling late, such as rolling Hasselbeck out on third-and-3 rather than not giving it to the suddenly revitalized Shaun Alexander.
    4. Hasselbeck's interception may have cost the Seahawks their season.
    5. Message to Joe Buck, the Seahawks didn't miss a golden opportunity just because Jordan Babineuax didn't intercept that pass. In fact, that would have been a very tough interception, I just want to know why he didn't knock it down.
    6. I didn't see the Saints game so I don't know how sound there defense is, but if they have a better secondary than the Seahawks then the Bears are in trouble.

Only, 27 days until pitchers and catchers report.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't understand how you say anything but, "I screwed up and it cost us. I have to end up with the ball in that situation and I didn't do that."

What an idiot.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep, and Peyton was supposed to lose this game, too. Yeah, he's thrown five picks in two playoffs games. Brady threw three yesterday and was lucky to escape the goat's role because of that lousy fumble.

Just had to make sure that my first post since coming back from vacation was to say I told you so. :D

5. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I'm not sure why they rolled out Hasselbeck, either, The Bears defensive line is at least quick, even if they weren't getting to him up the middle. But if you give them a few extra seconds to shed a block and just chase, they'll get you.

Maybe Babineaux missed a chance, but the Bears missed a few, too. Berrian dropped a surefire touchdown pass, and there were a good handful of other drops. Rex's only interception should have never been an interception.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I agree with the interceptions that weren't, I was just annoyed when the FOX announcers kept saying over and over that Babineaux should of intercepted it. Well it was third down, so all he really has to do is knock it down - which would have been much easier - and the Bears are forced to punt.

7. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Patriots fan, but I think Tom Brady played like crap yesterday and if the Chargers hadn't been even worse (and coached by Marty) they would have won.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouch, Scaramouch will you do the Fandango?
    Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Was there ever a headline thread for this weekend's games? Because there had to be someone who thought of using GO FUCK YOURSELF, SAN DIEGO as a headline. Right?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey douchesnort you know I wasn't talking to you in that post right?

You shut your mouth and reply when posted to!!!! :D :D :D

(bastard! glad I didn't bet you)

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A radio DJ someplace mixed that song with sound bites from the Murrah building bombing. Heart-rending.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Stay classy, San Diego.

Draft saved Draft deleted