1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, Jan 11, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good work, da. you learn quickly.

You can bring me a draft of Arrogant Bastard Ale.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

These picks look good to me. I think the Saints-Eagles game will have more scoring, though.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'll stick with my original picks for the AFC and the Seahawks game. The other NFC game I will take the Saints over the Eagles.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I can see the Seahawks getting bent in Chicago.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

For the life of me, I don't understand the lean toward the Saints here. The experience edge is totally with Philly. New Orleans has NEVER been here before. And if anybody's going by the Giants staying close to the Eagles ... that's a very bad way to pick a game.

Philly has done next to nothing wrong since McNabb went down. (Well, after that first week.) Hell, they even won with their No. 3 quarterback. This is a team that is absolutely primed for a playoff run.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

New Orleans will host Seattle next week.

Baltimore will visit San Diego next week. *

* However, Marty-ball makes me just as easily want to say they host New England. Marty-ball can not be under-estimated.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

After my solid 1-3 effort last week, let's try again.

Colts over Ravens - 23-20 (vinatieri!)
    Saints over Eagles - 34-20 (losing lito shepherd hurts big time)
    Bears over the Hags - 27-3 (The good Rex shows up)
    Chargers over Patties - 24-21 (because I hate the Patties)

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Tommy - Think how angry you will be when the Seahawks beat the Bears. Will Romo get shot in Dallas if that happens?

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Won't happen. We've forgiven Romo for his transgressions on the Cowboys ranch. Just think how lucky Seattle fans must feel to even be here :D

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I am sure they are happy - I am. I just think it is funny that everyone is acting like the Bears have already won the game. Is the spread still at 9 points?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, the Saints did beat them once, though the Eagles are playing better now. Won't help the Eagles to lose a starting cornerback going into a game with the top offense in the NFC, either.

Both offenses can light it up and both defenses have problems. Should be fun, if nothing else. I'm leaning toward the Saints, too.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Seahawks are far from 100 percent, but so are the Bears. Grossman's problems give Seattle an advantage, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted