1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by suburbia, Jan 11, 2007.

1. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Let's get it started.....

Saturday
    Ravens 23, Colts 9
    - BYH's favorite quarterback goes belly up against Ray Lewis and friends and has to explain another playoff failure.
    Saints 35, Eagles 31 - The best game of the weekend. Garcia will make plays, but Brees, Bush, and the Saints will make one more.
    Sunday
    Bears 27, Seahawks 17
    - Yes, the Bears have a Sears Tower-sized question mark at quarterback. Yes, their defense isn't nearly as healthy and potent as it was in October. But if they can't beat the Seahawks at home, they can't complain.
    Patriots 27, Chargers 13 - Belichick+Brady is way better than Schottenheimer+Rivers. And not even LT will be able to make up the difference, especially with Martyball calling the shots.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Spnited Pet Peeve No. 7,681 (yes, folks, I have lots and lots of pet peeves):

Why is this round called the Divisional Playoffs? It has absolutely nothing to do with divisions or division championships. It is the second round or the conference semfinals, if you prefer. It is NOT the misnomered (is that a word?) Divisional Playoffs.

The same goes for baseball's "Division Series."
    It is not a Division series, it is merely the first round of the playoffs.

Carry on.

3. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Saturday
    Colts 24, Ravens 17 - The Ravens are a good team, but maybe just a bit overrated. Of course,that phrase can apply to the Colts as well. Just a hunch.

Saints 31, Eagles 20- Jeff Garcia's a nice story, but I just don't see him taking this team to the Super Bowl. The Saints appear to be THE story this year, and they'll live to play one more week.

Sunday
    Bears 20, Seahawks 6 - I think the Bears' defense steps it up here because it knows it has to. The Seahawks have WAY too many injury concerns. I suppose the Bears do, too, but I don't see them losing at home to a team that needed a collossal Romo screwup to win last week.

Chargers 30, Patriots 24- The Patriots just seem like too sexy a pick right now for me. The Chargers have so many playmakers on both sides of the ball. In the best game of the week, LT scores late to give the Chargers the win.

4. da el g

da el g Member

5. da el g

da el g Member

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

da el g... learn to use the "modify" feature to correct YOUR typos without having to admit you made them.
    It is the most important function for those of us who are sloppy typists.

7. da el g

da el g Member

duly noted

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fixed to SJ style

9. da el g

da el g Member

toochey

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mmmmmm, No.
    But stck around newbs and eventually you'll learn proper SJ style.

Meanwhile, fetch us all some beers.

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Agreed with MC Sports Guy all the way.

BYH, feel free to keep this around for Monday, but I don't see the Colts losing to the Ravens. Just don't see it. I think they'll lose to the Chargers, who will have their way with The Hood after eharing about how tough the Pats are and how close that game will be.

I think the Seahawks suck a big one, so I don't care how bad Grossman is, no way Seattle gets through.

Saints beat up on Eagles pretty good, although the Eagles are a pretty darned good story themselves.

12. da el g

da el g Member

draft or bottle

Draft saved Draft deleted