1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Defensive ROY -Cushing Tests Positive

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 10, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Brian Cushing tested positive for banned substance and the NFL has suspended him for 4 games.

Interesting part is that Cushing trains with MM Athletes - Jay Glazer's company.

Certainly calls into question Jay's credibility on this matter.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brian-cushing-says-banned-substance-is-not-a-steroid-050810

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

There's no question on his credibility on this matter. He doesn't have any.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Glazer should not be covering this, considering the incredibly awkward last line of his report:

"Cushing began training in February with MMAthletics, a program run by FOX Sports NFL Sunday insider Jay Glazer and mixed martial arts legend Randy Couture."

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You should read Jay Glazer's tweets about this. They have gone from Glazer saying that anyone who does steroids will be banned from training with him to Cush deserves another chance cuz he's a young kid.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Does Fox test its little reporters?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why does Fox let him get away with being that involved with these guys to begin with?

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Can we come back to this for a minute, I don't get it.

Did someone else insert the line? There's an 'AP contributed' note at the bottom, but come on, it's Glazer's byline, how does this make sense to anyone??

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Steroid rumors have circulated around Cushing while he was at USC. This is no surprise.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"I did not take a steroid"

Might be true but does not address HGH.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is a very interesting debate.

I think Glazer is one of the best NFL reporters out there. If there was a big story out there, I'd bet on him to break it.

But he's training with a lot of these guys and I definitely don't think he's capable of being partial anymore. Then again, a lot of the ESPN guys share agents with a ton of coaches and athletes and are not partial either. At least Glazer hasn't hidden that he's working out with these guys.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He's not just training 'with' them, he has a financial stake in their training. It's his business.

I just don't get how Fox let him write that story.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

All very true. Hell, I think the Falcons are employing his company to help with their postseason programs.

Draft saved Draft deleted