1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL COY

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Dec 5, 2006.

?

Who is the coach of the year through 75 percent of the season?

1. Eric Mangini, Jets

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. Sean Payton, Saints

41 vote(s)
    67.2%
  3. Brian Billick, Ravens

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with that assessment. Right now, that would be my vote.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh look it only took til the end of page 2 for columbo to declare who he was voting for and that anyone who disagreed with him is an idiot unworthy of breathing.

And Wicked, Young only fell two spots. And he didn't really fall. I think most people figured he was going third to the Titans all along.

Maybe we all fell for the Wonderlic stuff in April. but today, only complete fucking morons like Hondo put any stock in it and continue to call him a dumb QB. Watch a game sometime, jerk.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Give it to Martyball. Best team in the league, tough schedule, good comebacks on the road, very narrow losses on the road to playoff teams.

My second would be Payton, but that team has some challenges to end the season.

Worst coach: Cowher. Gibbs. Saban, for his - only his - choice to play Culpepper and sink the season.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Marty had a loaded team.

I'm trying to find your logic.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If the Saints beat the Cowboys and end with 11 wins, it is all over but the shouting.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Please reserve all gooey platitudes for those who actually fucking deserve them, such as one Norman Einstein.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Lot of people forgetting New Orleans' circumstances.

Short-attention-span country.

Proven over and over again.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You're right. People somehow forget that the Jets drafted fourth this past April, only two spots behind the Saints. Or that the Jets only won one more game than the Saints last season and also have a new coach.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pfft. Einstein didn't beat the K-Gun offense on six days notice in 1990.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

BYH, the Oilers and Falcons called it the Red Gun. Know why? Because it was incidentally red.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That's right... the Jets won one MORE game. And picked two spots BEHIND the Saints.

12. I know, Lieutenant, but if the Titans win out, that means they've beaten the Patriots as well as the Colts.
    That's the only way I'd give it to Fisher, although I'm damn happy he saved his job.

Draft saved Draft deleted