1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL COY

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Dec 5, 2006.

?

Who is the coach of the year through 75 percent of the season?

1. Eric Mangini, Jets

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. Sean Payton, Saints

41 vote(s)
    67.2%
  3. Brian Billick, Ravens

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Rod Marinelli should win it. Oh wait, I'm sorry I thought you meant Coach of the Jokes of the Year.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Parcells? That team was close to being done before he yanked Drew.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Cowboys were loaded.

And Fisher has done a nice job watching Young run around, but the bottom line is that the team is 4-8.

Anyone putting him ahead of Mangini has taken the NY-backlash thing way too far.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

5-7.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If Tennessee finishes around .500, you have to give it to Fisher. That team has nothing on it other than Young and a decent kicker.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

A little too much tour de force by Young for me to credit the coach.

Defense isn't bad.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You sunk my battleshit.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Titans could easily be 2-10 or 3-9 if they stayed with Collins under center. Vince has won them two games in which they had no business winning.

Payton deserves a lot for what he has done with the Saints and Brees. I'm not going to include the post-Katrina effect because this team is playing up to their expectations and not underachieving as they had in the past. Horn's kept his mouth shut, Brooks is gone, Deuce is playing well with a talented (and now banged up) Bush. The big thing is now Hollis Thomas is out for substance abuse/supplement violation. Can the defense keep playing well without him.

The Tuna finally did what the fans wanted him to do: pull Bledsoe. Might have given the Tuna a second wind in his sails. Billick is wise to call every single offensive play, because Matt Cavanaugh and Jim Fassel was bogging that team down.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Making many poeple feel like crap everyday, Vote BYH for poster of the year. :D

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No doubt. Because as we all know, I only pick sides after Pulumbo takes his stance.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I feel I have taught you well.... my work with you is done.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah. ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted