1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL correspondents, NFL cities

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Drip, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

AHN Sports is looking for a talented, entertaining, deadline-oriented reporters and correspondents to cover the NFL.

Applicants must be knowledgeable about football and the NFL and capable of reporting entertaining, informative articles on deadline.

This exciting opportunity will provide those with a love of professional football a chance to interact with teams and athletes and possibly have your work published. This position is freelance and is paid a small stipend per published article.

Responsibilities:

You will pitch, report, write and submit NFL news stories within assigned deadlines. The successful candidate will have the ability to research and write stories that are compelling, factually correct, creative, and written in a clear, concise wire service style.

Requirements:

* Two (2) years sports writing and reporting experience. * Broad knowledge of the NFL and professional football. * Solid interviewing skills. * Must be proficient with computers and word processing systems. * Demonstrate news judgment, editorial and creative skills. * Mastery of journalistic ethics, standards and libel laws. * Must be proficient with computers and word processing systems. * Must be able to effectively and efficiently telecommute using the AHN Virtual Newsdesk. * You must be able to research and develop stories with minimal direct editorial supervision.

Desired:

* Current NFL or team credentials a plus.

Please apply for this position online at: http://careercenter.allheadlinenews.com/cgi-bin/careercenter/listing.pl?job_id=CE0701 http://careercenter.allheadlinenews.com/cgi-bin/careercenter/listing.pl?job_id=CE0701

2. spud

spud Member

These "job ads" are starting to get fucking insulting.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

beware of these folks. AHN still owes me about $800 from work I did two years ago.

I can't believe they are even still in "business". Must have survived that lawsuit that AP brought against them.

PM me if you want more info, but proceed with caution if you apply for this one.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Bunch of bastards. Hope the owner ends up in bankruptcy court.

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Every time I read one of these a little light goes off that I need to call some sites about getting payments...

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This belongs on the freelance board. And barely that, it sounds like.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's "free"lance all right...

8. nmsports

nmsports Member

"those with a love of professional football a chance to interact with teams and athletes "

If you can't get a paycheck, at least you can snuggle up against those that do. Sounds like a cheerleader to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted