1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL conference championship Sunday thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 19, 2021.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Grabbed this at +600. Obviously if that's the matchup, then I'll hedge the Bills and just enjoy the game.

Hermes likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Chiefs beat Buffalo 26-17 this season.

Since November the Chiefs have won games by an average of 4 points.

They're too good on offense. They're due for a 7- or 8-touchdown game. It will be Sunday.

3. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Saw this yesterday and cracked up a little ...

Wouldn’t it be the greatest thing ever if the Bills lose to Brady in the Super Bowl after celebrating that he is finally out of the division?

playthrough, Scout, Hermes and 3 others like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No. Mahomes beating Brady in Supe LV would be better.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

wouldn't it be great if the nazis won wwii and there was no vaccine for polio

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get the hyperbole, but both teams are capable of monster offensive games, and the Bills have the better defense. Assuming Mahomes can play, he is one reason I give the Chiefs a small advantage. The other is Reid. I'm guessing he will be better able to take advantage of the film from the first meeting.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Packers vs. Bills, but I'm pretty sure Mahomes plays, and we'll get the Chiefs instead.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am not sure who could watch both NFC games this weekend and conclude anything but the Packers having their way next Sunday.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Green Bay vs. Buffalo in February in Tampa, Florida in a Super Bowl game that no one can go to would be remarkably cruel to all involved, so it'll probably happen.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's in DeathSantis' state. People will be allowed to attend.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I understand it, NFL has already arranged for many spectators to be first responders and hospital personnel who've already been vaccinated twice.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This is true, but I imagine that with the reduced capacity plus the NFL's various corporate obligations, that Mike from Sheboygan and various members of the Bills Mafia will probably be shut out.

Draft saved Draft deleted