1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Combine Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

In 1995, the Bengals traded the 5th and 35th picks to Carolina for the top overall pick and grabbed Ki-Jana Carter. That's the only time (in the modern era) a team has reached for a non-QB with the top pick, I believe.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am intrigued by Barkley. He carries himself well. As you said his pass protection was awful this year. I see him as next QB taken after Gino Smith.

3. Boom_70

Teo running 40 shortly.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

BTW, just as I predicted, Te'o ran 4.81 and 4.8 in the 40 a few minutes ago.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Because of the depth on both sides of the line in this draft it makes more sense for the Rams to sit tight and take two good players instead of getting just one.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Welcome to the third round, Mr. Te'o.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wow slower than a 300 lb OT? I mean a lot slower.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Again, Kansas City won't have a choice but to sit on it. There is no need for a team below them to trade up for it.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What was the more unforgivable made-up narrative this college football season:

* Manti Te'o's perseverance through personal tragedy?

Or

* Manti Te'o as great football player?

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Why trade multiple picks for one when there is no clear No. 1 player? The price isn't worth the reward. The Saints would be stupid to give up what they would have to give up to move that far. They can stay at 15 and get a good defensive player, possibly just as good as anyone they would take at No. 1.

As Mizzou said earlier, you don't see the No. 1 pick change hands unless there's a can't-miss QB in mind.

11. Boom_70

Mayock as the ND NBC guy oversold Teo all year and he knows better.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'll reiterate what I've said since early this past college football season: A lot of his value this past college season was bound up in a statistical fluke, his seven interceptions.

Draft saved Draft deleted