1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL.com Homepage Editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jlofty, May 18, 2010.

1. Jlofty

Jlofty New Member

https://www.nfl.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=144&CurrentPage=1

Hi folks,

Back again after finding two great hires among the SportsJournalists.com populace in the last 18 months. This time we're seeking an experienced editor to manage the NFL.com homepage. This is a full-time position in our Culver City, Calif., newsroom. The link above has all the details, but the nut graf is this:

We need someone with experience in page layout and/or web-page management, plus demonstrated skills in headline writing, tease writing and photo selection. Person will need to exhibit news judgment, creativity and a collaborative approach, as the homepage is the "front door" to all of the league's digital initiatives.

If you'd like to take a shot, I would encourage you to apply via the link.

Thanks,

Jim

2. Jim is good, good, good peeps. If you're an editor type, my guess is there's not much better in terms of a boss.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Los Angeles, huh? I'm guessing you won't be getting to a lot of NFL games yourself...until Jacksonville gives up, that is.

Draft saved Draft deleted