1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought Coughlin going to NYC was going to be one of the all-time disastrous hires, not because he can't coach, but because it just seemed the wrong place for someone who had all kinds of problems dealing with the media in Jacksonville.

All things considered, he did pretty well.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

From what I hear Jerry's wanted him for years. I think the Cardinal loss probably takes Garrett out of the running and moves Fisher to the lead.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Until the last couple of weeks, the defense had been excellent under Fewell. Especially compared to last year.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The only thing that may save Coughlin next week is that the Maras & Tisches may still be snowed in their houses and can't get to the office to fire him.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't know about the Maras' but I'm pretty sure the Tisches are at one of their warm weather locations

6. Mizzougrad96

They can fire him by text from the warmth of their living room.

7. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

Harbaugh/Gruden seem to be at the top of the list. Either would be fine with me. They definitely need a coach that knows offense, preferably with some history with the WCO.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I've heard Gruden's name in the mix, too, as well as Holmgren. San Francisco needs to hire a GM first, though, then find a quarterback. The Dorks will want results now, especially trying to rally support for a stadium in Santa Clara, and will want a big name. Not quite a train wreck, but there's a lot of work to do.

9. Mizzougrad96

If they hire Holmgren as anything other than a GM, my head might explode. I'd prefer Harbaugh, but I could deal with Gruden. Holmgren is a great coach, but I don't want someone who will coach another 2-3 years tops.

10. derwood

derwood Active Member

Harbaugh does not WCO. Power running game combined with vertical passing attack.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

BYH just kicked his dog and doesn't know why

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey! I don't have a dog!

Draft saved Draft deleted