1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No way Cowher is going to Carolina ... this year or next. Carolina is going to go on the cheap with its next head coach, and Cowher is going to find a position where he can win now with a proven QB. Carolina ain't the place for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

So, Singletary is gone.

So, now we have four official openings...

Dallas
    Denver
    Minnesota
    San Fran

Carolina will be open by this time next week.
    Cincinnati will be open by this time next week.

Peter King wrote today that he will be surprised if Coughlin is fired. He knows about 1,000,000,000,000X more about the NFL than I do, but I'd be surprised if Coughlin isn't fired if they don't make the playoffs.

I'm assuming Fisher is out in Tennessee and Kubiak is out in Houston.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

if Giants do anything Perry Fewell should be fired. Defense has killed the Giants. His blitzing and coverage schemes just do not work.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I've heard Martz has been making noise about wanting another head-coaching gig. I never thought I'd say this earlier in the season, but I hope the Bears do what it takes to keep him around. He has shown that he can adjust his system to the talent, or lack thereof, he has to work with. And yesterday's game was another instance of the offense making adjustments and bailing out the defense.

5. Mizzougrad96

Martz is a great OC. No team in its right mind would make him their head coach.

This is why I'm thinking he'll be in Cincy next season. :D

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gilbride needs to draw up more plays for Eli in which the end result is Manning throwing the ball to a player whose uniform resembles his own.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Giants never let a coach go into a season as a lame duck on the final year of his contract...they either extend him or fire him.
    Not making the playoffs surely isn't getting Coughlin an extension. He's out. And despite the debacle in Carolina this year, Fox is one of the top candidates to replace him.

8. Mizzougrad96

You don't think the Giants will grab Cowher?

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Cowher to Houston, Kubiak to Denver, and Fisher to Dallas.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Cowher wants too much control for the Giants liking.
    Fox is a former assistant who the Maras and Tisches like and who they know will work well with Reece.
    And there are still very faint whispers that a certain Big Fish wants to come back in an executive position...which would definitely eliminate Cowher.

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Fisher to Dallas?

Will Jerry be happy with 8-9 wins every year?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Will #1 Toro trade Eli?

Draft saved Draft deleted