1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Coaching Carousel 2012-13 running thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 31, 2012.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Question, since I don't really have any insight on the Cardinals, not being close to the area at all - Who makes the personnel decisions? Meaning, who decided going into the year that because they had Kolb and Skelton, well, they were all set. Kolb has played well, but it's not a shock he got injured, and he wasn't even the starter for some reason at the beginning of the year.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Say wha? When?

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Well, everything is relative. Eight TDs, three picks - That's great for the Cardinals! :D He's been Dilfering it, gave them just enough to win, etc.

... Okay, so maybe he still sucks.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I expect the Chargers to win. Then again, I also expected them to manage to find the end zone against the Browns. :D

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Chargers are going to win by 24. This is the kind of game they always have, just when it looks like things are going to shot they beat up on a patsy. They'll hang around the division race until Week 15 at least.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

You can be 4-8 after 12 weeks and alive in the playoff race, so it's a little early to push the panic button.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not in the real world you can't

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Kolb was doing fine before he got hurt. It's not that he's an overall shitty QB; he's an otherwise decent QB who makes crippling mistakes. He cut way back on those mistakes at the start of the season and did fairly well. He can also play well on the move, and with this offensive line he's usually running for his life. He's not great, by any stretch, but if he's healthy and not forcing throws into triple coverage they can win with him.

By comparison, John Skelton is absolutely awful.

I don't see any way Whisenhunt gets run this year. Honestly, after 4 games this team had already exceeded the win total I was expecting this season. The QB situation is shaky at best, the offensive line is terrible and the running backs look like a MASH unit. The defense is solid, but not enough to make up for the offense.

And yes, I would think Russ Grimm should be feeling some heat at this point.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

But in the NFL you can.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Show me the last 4 and 8 team to make the playoffs. If there has been one, please show me how many

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Chargers.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, the '96 Jags were 4-7 before making it to the AFC title game.

Draft saved Draft deleted