1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Coaching Carousel 2012-13 running thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pat Shurmur's sixth? So six teams have a 100% chance of firing their coaches?

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'd put the over/under at 6 before next season starts. Last year was a busy one, so this season probably not as much.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would guess that on an average 7-8 teams change coaches in most years.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Surprised Whisenhunt isn't on the list. The Super Bowl appearance was nice, but let's be honest - Kurt Warner was a gift. Maybe get a new GM. That offensive line isn't going to fix itself.

If Rivera gets dumped in Carolina, I could see him landing at Cal if Tedford goes.

5. Mizzougrad96

I think Reid has a home in San Diego or there is some kind of link between him and there... Of the jobs that are most likely to open, the teams with the best chance to win quickly are San Diego and Philly.

6. Mizzougrad96

If the Chargers lose tonight, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see out first coaching casualty of the season before Monday.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

*IF* I land a date with Molly Sims...

Have you even seen the Chiefs play this year?

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Had you seen the Browns before they beat the Chargers?

Back-to-back losses to Cleveland and KC would have to be the end for Norv, right?

9. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Carolina has to be pretty high on the list given the fact the owner fired the GM for hiring the current coach.

10. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

As a Cardinals fan from way (too far) back, I agree. Whisenhunt gets a ton of time for being there for the Super Bowl run, and the injuries that have ravaged the team this season give him more of an excuse, but this year's 4-0 start looks like it's going to be 4-7 here in a hurry. If they finish 5-11 or 6-10, it may be tough for him to keep his job.

That defense has a ton of home-grown talent with a lot of potential, and they are doing a good job of locking down their key players. But injuries or no, that offensive line has been a train wreck for years, and whatever they do to try and fix it isn't working. I'd think at the very least, Russ Grimm's future is a cloudy one there.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Says who?

Yes, Ron Rivera's seat is already warm. But because a new GM is arriving, it might not matter what Rivera does the balance of the season. New GMs tend to want their own people.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I wonder if with the Cardinals it is more than just the Super Bowl run. Maybe it's that they have an overall history of suckiness and Whisenhunt has a .500 record with a couple of playoff appearances. It's not like it's the best ownership and maybe they feel for that franchise it's good enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted