1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Class of 2009 HOF Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The big rumor is that Derrick Thomas got in. I think the KC paper already has it up.

2. Mizzougrad96

The class of 2009 was just announced: Bob Hayes, Randall McDaniel, Derrick Thomas, Ralph Wilson Jr. and Rod Woodson.

How in the hell did Bruce Smith not get in? What a joke.

3. Mizzougrad96

That may be an error on NFL.com I think Smith got it.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmMe6PPBOURenkRwvsWiMDo5nYcB?slug=txhalloffame&prov=st&type=lgns

Smith is in, too.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Bob Hayes, Randall McDaniel, Bruce Smith, Derrick Thomas, Ralph Wilson Jr. and Rod Woodson.

Surprised McDaniel got in on first ballot. Surprised Carter couldn't get in this year. Mildly surprised Sharpe didn't get in. But outside of Ralph Wilson, I can't quibble with the five that got in.

6. Mizzougrad96

Smith got in. NFL.com fucked it up...

I do not think Hayes is deserving. I'm glad McDaniel and Thomas got in. I'm a little surprised Carter has to wait another year. Sharpe will have to wait another year or two, even though he's a lock to get in.

7. Mizzougrad96

I'm thrilled Ralph Wilson got in before Tagliabue.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Good class, I think.

Very pleased that Derrick Thomas got in, as well as Bob Hayes. I've been advocating Hayes to anyone who would listen for years.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Love seeing DT get in. He was my favorite player growing up. One of my favorite two, along with Bo Jackson :D

Also glad to see some sports can get it right, with Wilson going in before something happens to him health-wise.

10. I will be thrilled every year that Tags doesn't get in.
    Please let ol' Ralph hang on until the summer.
    Recognition for the old AFL, bitches!

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Bob Hayes' sister mentioned Paul Zimmerman's advocacy of her brother. Here's an SI piece Dr. Z wrote on Hayes when he died:

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1026888/index.htm

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

A hearty "Attaboy!" to whoever spoke against Tagliabue in Dr. Z's absence.

Draft saved Draft deleted