1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Championship Games Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 13, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Should we count Ben Roethlisberger in Super Bowl XLIII because he sucked in Super Bowl XL?

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think Jeff Hostetler of the 1990 Giants qualifies. Backup to Simms, Simms gets hurt in Week 14, and Hostetler leads them to a Super Bowl title.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hostetler counts. Williams I would accept. Plunkett? Sure. But Montana? Brady? No.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Brady qualifies. We didn't know what was going to follow at that time. Even after that Super Bowl, he wasn't a sure thing long term.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Trent Dilfer for sure.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

If Cinderella shit in the glass slipper and still gets the prince in the end.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I think the poster who started this debate had a nice caveat with “surprise trip to the Super Bowl.” Was anyone truly surprised that the Ravens defense carried that team all the way?

8. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Holy shit, the things Mahones shills for. He’s everywhere in this market, plus the national stuff.

HyVee
    Adidas
    State Farm
    Head and Shoulders
    Hunt’s
    DirectTV
    Oakley
    AWS
    Nebraska Furniture Mart
    GEHA
    Airshare
    Goodcents
    CommunityAmerica Credit Union

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Don't forget the crown jewel.

Patrick Mahomes | AdvoCare

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Kinda refreshing that a guy cashes in with State Farm yet also takes care of the fine folks at the Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The K.C. Star's Sam Mellinger has predicted for a while now that Mahomes will sign the richest QB contract ever in the coming years. I could see that — he's worth it — but, with all his endorsement deals, I could see Mahomes taking a page out of Brady's playbook and signing for less than he could get on the open market to free up money to keep the offense mostly intact.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Spencer Strasmore has already handled this.

playthrough likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted