1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Championship Games Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 13, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Whatever works for you.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Remind us, which journo school did you go to again?

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

upload_2020-1-21_11-7-33.png

This works for me and should work for you, too.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's because they had the foresight to draft players from the University of Mars.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So who exactly is the stalker here?

6. CD Boogie

I wouldn't even know you'd replied if I weren't following the thread. Ya been a member since 2002? And ya don't know how to use the reply button? Come on, clean it up son. My man @DanOregon has a similar failing. It makes it tough to follow who is saying what -- or even if your comment warrants a response.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Good grief, it's just the opposite. They have the lighting of the Al Davis Torch before every game. The torch was even designed into the design of the Vegas stadium. Do you see, say, Giants fans pining away like this for the Maras or Patriots fans for Victor Kiam (those who didn't jump on the bandwagon after Kraft bought the team, that is)?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Raiders fans are weird. The team had a lame duck season in Oakland and it didn't even seem like the fans minded. Maybe because they came back once after leaving, they figure they'll be back again in 20 or 25 years.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Looking back Raiders were on/near top, they won SBs in ‘76, ‘80 & ‘83 and could’ve won a few more (Franco immaculate reception)

10. CD Boogie

They probably wouldn't have won in '76 if Franco and Bleier didn't miss the AFC title game with injuries. That's losing not one but two 1,000-yard rushers that season.

11. HanSenSE

Rob Lytle's fumble-that-wasn't in the 1977 AFC title game comes to mind as well.

12. HanSenSE

Imagine most figure they'll be able to see all 16 games on the tube anyway.

Wondering how the Bay area papers and electronic outlets will cover the team in coming seasons? Not at the same levels as when they were in the area, I would think, but probably not treat them like, say, the Jacksonville Jaguars. Vic Tafur of The Athletic already announced he's following the team to Vegas to continue his coverage.

Draft saved Draft deleted