1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL and military jingoism

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 8, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton never shit; he only farted

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Thread title would probably be

"Irritable Bowel Syndrome Question"

Instead of some poor slub going to Doctor they would first come to SJ to assess their ailment.

Earnest and helpful SJ posters would relay their own personal bowel stories and suggest remedies.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Can't have enough regular bowel movements. Period.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I thought that's what the rat in the toilet thread was about?

5. dooley_womack1

I don't know; was that what you thought the rat in the toilet thread was about?[/rimshot]

6. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

watch 'the pat tillman story' and see what the NFL, the media and the government does to exploit...

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think Jeff MacGregor pretty much nailed it on multiple levels

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=6098363

There was a time not long ago -- back before Sept. 11, 2001 -- when Americans were more suspicious of patriotic tripe like this. More skeptical. We knew we were being sold to. Manipulated. We were wary of the bunting and the fireworks, the martial music and the orotund speeches and the free beer and lemonade. We were cautious in the face of all those easy promises, because even worse than having the wool pulled over our eyes was having the flag pulled over them.

This is no longer the case.

Now freedom insists on our willingness to be suckered, to be gulled by the demagogues and swindled by the interests. To be hoodwinked. Bamboozled.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow knock me down with a feather.

Still think Mcgregor would have been a better choice for Roger Goodell story. That seals it.

9. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Must disagree with MacGregor. Americans were suckers long before then. See Greenwood, Lee and Ronald Reagan's campaign song.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't be the only one who thought this was the funniest thing anyone has posted in weeks.

This was fucking well-struck. Good job.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

There's just so many right wing wackos these days, they pretty much lend themselves to every topic. Like this one. Unless, of course, you and your little gun-toting bear agrees with the preacher in the link, in which case I can understand why you'd find it unrelated.

12. dooley_womack1

Let's not go sucking dick in the parking lot now.

Draft saved Draft deleted