1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL All-Time Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think he wrote that in the column.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Is there a way we could create the SportsJournalists.com power rankings?

3. 93Devil

Peacefully?

Sure. Just let me take care of Egypt and Isreal first.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't think there would be a concrete way to decide who is better at each spot, but we could do tiers.

I'm sure we could all agree that the top-tier would have Dallas, Green Bay and Pittsburgh (alpha order). The last tier would have Arizona and Houston.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As I said, Prisco did a great job with the top 10. After that, it was a clusterfuck.

6. 93Devil

The New York Giants could make a case for the top tier, and Zag makes a good point about Pittsburgh before 1970 was dreadful.

My top tier (no order) - Cowboys, Packers, Giants, Steelers, Ravens (Browns)

Next group - Bills, Redskins, Chiefs (Texans), Colts, Patriots, Raiders (recently fallen from top tier), Bears, Dolphins, Broncos

Next group - Lions (maybe too high), Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Chargers, Jets, Oilers (Titans), Seahwaks, 49ers (outside of Walsh it's nothing)

Next group - Falcons, Saints, Panthers, Jags, Bengals, Bucs,

Bottom feeders (some just don't have any history built yet) - Texans, Browns, Cardinals, Jags,

7. Mizzougrad96

Your list makes Prisco look like a genius.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go that far, but it would be a hell of a slapfight in the shallow end of the pool.

9. Mizzougrad96

Special Olympics: Synchronized Swimming?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As others mentioned, he gave the old Browns' history to the Ravens, which is one of the few things he got right. I don't what the NFL says about it, the franchise that won all those championships in Cleveland is now in Baltimore.

Zag has a point regarding the Steelers, too. They were a disgrace for nearly 40 years, which most people seem to forget.

11. 93Devil

And my Egypt and Isreal reference holds true.

12. 93Devil

Mizzou, the world awaits your list.

Draft saved Draft deleted