1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL All-Time Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It was always waiting for a decent QB in Pittsburgh.

In the 1970s, they waited for Bradshaw to develop. In the 1980s, 1990s and the start of the 2000, average at best starting QBs tried, but could never push them to that fifth title.

Then a really good QB finally came along, and they have played in three Super Bowls in the past few seasons.

Since 1972, the worst yearly finishes for points allowed have been 28th overall, 22nd overall and three times 17th overall. So that would be one shitty D, one bad D and three below average Ds in the last 39 years or so. In 15 of the last 39 seasons, the D has been top five in points allowed.

That's why it kills me to end that they passed on Marino.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I might not be remembering this right, but did the Steelers sell out their home playoff game against the Bills in 1992? I could have sworn that they didn't because I recall my brother and I considered going down to Pittsburgh (from NE Ohio) to watch it.

Maybe I'm just high.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://postgazette.com/pg/11036/1123378-66.stm

Must be the latter because the Steelers haven't failed to sell out a home game since November of 1972.

Draft saved Draft deleted