1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL 2016-17 playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

16179850_1410176259033496_7570205765715186767_o.jpg

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Cavaliers
    Cubs
    Are the Falcons going to make the 2016 sports season the one where beleaguered cities get their champion?

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

As an Atlanta native, I can say with pride that we don't deserve it.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think that was the play call. It looked like an audible, and the play was open. The problem was putting Coates on the field. Apparently, they were fooled by a good week of practice. Coates had his man beat and the throw would have hit him in stride for a big play, perhaps a touchdown, but he slowed down to track the ball rather than just running through it. The play call was fine. The execution by the receiver was shit.

The lack of adjustments on defense was a serious issue. I don't think asking those defensive backs to play man-to-man would have worked any better, but it was sure worth a try given how badly Brady destroyed the Pittsburgh zone.

Also, the Steelers did blitz up the middle. The Patriots just kept picking it up.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

As you know, Boston is a much more beleaguered sports city than the ATL.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Did they move Dupree or Harrison to the middle? That's more what I meant, as the Texans did that with Merciless (sp?) and Clowney.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Atlanta: 1 championship ('95 Braves) in 168 professional sports seasons ...

8. CD Boogie

No, bc the only title that matters in Atlanta is the Georgia Bulldogs winning a national title in football, and that ship's already sailed,

9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

The Patriots secondary is the deer. Except there will be cooler music.

10. CD Boogie

Come on, you can't cover Chris Hogan one on one with Burns or Gay? Would have been nice to at least try.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, they did. I think they should have blitzed more. They certainly rushed only three far too often last night. But they did their normal blitzes, the ones that had been working the last nine games. The Patriots simply did a fantastic job picking them up almost every time. The lone sack during the competitive part of the game wasn't on a blitz. Hargrave just beat his man.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Chicago is a really beleaguered city when it comes to championships.

Draft saved Draft deleted