1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL 2016-17 playoffs running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Steelers defense needs to make a play at some point or else this is going to be a businesslike bludgeoning.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That call on Shazier was an absolute joke.

3. outofplace

Tomlin just wasted a timeout. No way that gets overturned.

Edit: Correction, Brady clearly fumbled and the officials said before the replay that the Steelers had recovered. The Steelers absolutely got screwed on that replay and the Patriots are going to get at least a field goal out of it.

Terrible officiating on this drive given the personal foul on Shazier and the blown replay.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Unless they see a replay I don't, that's a terrible challenge.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Nantz and Simms calling Pats games has become like the old Braves broadcasts on TBS. All that's left is for them to refer to the Patriots as "we."

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. Goodell is operating the replay booth.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Have the Steelers made a third down stop in this game?

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Did the ref actually say they had seen a clear recovery? I heard it as the Steelers were challenging to see if it was a fumble with a clear recovery.

9. outofplace

Just the third-down sack by Hargrave on the second possession. The other two third-down stops came on a drop by Mitchell and that one just now with the receiver out by a toenail.

10. outofplace

Chung had his hands all over James that entire route with no call and James dropped what should have been a first-down completion. The Steelers simply aren't good enough to beat this team and the officials are helping the Patriots out a great deal.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

With no Mannings remaining in the post season, what did you expect?

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Had to work. Glad to see excellent, in-depth commentary so I know what I missed!

Draft saved Draft deleted