1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFC Playoff poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Dec 30, 2007.

?

Pick your conference champion

1. Dallas

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Green Bay

31 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Seattle

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. Tampa Bay

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Giants

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  6. Redskins

11 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Skins over Seahawks
    Giants over Bucs

Cowboys over Skins
    Packers over Giants

Cowboys over Packers

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Exceedingly well played.

3. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

10 people picked the 9-7 Redskins to win three road games and reach the Super Bowl? OK then.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, it has been done. Three guesses why that jumps to my mind so quickly and the first two don't count.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would like to apologize at this moment for playing that several year old audio clip of the Vikings' failure to antagonize Rosie.
    I'll never post that clip again.

I found a new one

6. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Not by a 9-7 team with a backup quarterback.

Look, the Skins could travel cross country on a short week and beat Seattle, which is 7-1 at home.

They could then travel to Dallas and beat the Cowboys, who are coming off a bye and beat Washington in Texas Stadium earlier this season.

They could then travel to Lambeau and beat the Packers, who I believe have never lost a championship game at home and beat the Skins there earlier this season.

Those things COULD happen. I think the fact that nearly 20 percent of people who cover sports think it WILL happen strains logic a bit.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Giants over Bucs
    Seahawks over Skins

Packers over Seahawks
    Giants over Cowboys

Giants over Packers

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Giants over Bucs
    Redskins over Seahawks
    Redskins over Cowboys
    Packers over Giants
    Redskins over Packers

9. outofplace

I don't see it, either. Just couldn't resist the reference to the '05 Steelers. Though looking back, that seemed pretty damn improbable heading into the playoffs as well.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That simply ain't the case anymore.

11. outofplace

This probably belongs on the other thread, but why? Because the Giants hung with them for three quarters in a game that was ultimately meaningless to both teams?

Much as I can't stand Coach Hoodie, his teams have a tremendous knack for picking it up come playoff time. And their ability to completely take the run away from the Giants Saturday night makes me think it is starting to happen again.

I thought Dallas might be able to take New England in a shootout, but the Cowboys have struggled more of late than the Patriots.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Dolphins outplayed them in second half of their game in NE.

Plus a BUNCH of other empirical evidence from the second half of the season:

Three 3-point wins and a four-pointer, with their defense getting gashed at times.

Draft saved Draft deleted