1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFC Playoff poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Dec 30, 2007.

?

Pick your conference champion

1. Dallas

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Green Bay

31 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Seattle

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. Tampa Bay

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Giants

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  6. Redskins

11 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

The mediocre Giants have won 7 in a row on the road (and lost 4 straight at home). That alone makes them very dangerous against the equally mediocre Bucs.

2. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Skins' run defense has been on the past two weeks; Giants ran for 139, but that was really the only thing they could do.

Moreover, they are running much more effectively. Portis 25-104 on Sunday.

I'm not saying they'll win the NFC, but it's wide-open. They damn near beat the Cowboys in Dallas, and I think we can all agree that Sunday shouldn't really count in any meaningful analysis. They should have won in Green Bay, though I think any matchup with them looks a lot different without Sean Taylor. They ran with Tampa as well.

We're all waiting for the Giants to implode. Seattle's in the shittiest division anywhere; someone had to win the thing.

I think the Skins are dangerous and I really can't see them winning the title, but they've got as good a shot as anyone.

Angola: Campbell isn't all bad. He started to show some things when they opened up the offense around Week 10 or so; Collins is smarter with the ball, though he's played well above anyone's expectations. No picks? Come on. Gibbs will have a hell of a decision to make if they keep winning and Campbell gets healthy.

My concern with Campbell is that I wonder if he's a leader of men, you know?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hustle knows more about this than I do (one of many, many things :D) but I don't see how there's much of a decision if Campbell is healthy enough to play. Stick with the hot hand. They were 5-7 with Campbell.

Plus, Mark Rypien wants him to stick with Collins and win the whole thing so he's no longer the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl. :D

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

You're forgetting Trent Dilfer.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Packers beat Cowboys to win the Get Your Ass Kicked By The Pats Sweepstakes.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I know the Seahawks won't be able to run the ball on the Redskins, especially because they haven't been able to run the ball on anyone. If Hasselbeck is on, though, I think the Redskins are in trouble.

I still think the key to the Seahawks' postseason is Alexander, though.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Seahawks over Redskins
    Giants over Buccaneers

Cowboys over Giants
    Seahawks over Packers

Seahawks over Cowboys

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Redskins over Seahawks
    Giants over Bucs

Cowboys over Redskins
    Packers over Giants

Packers over Cowboys

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the Skins are going to pull the upset this weekend and then will be a really tough opponent for the Cowboys...

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

C'mon dude, you're out your damn mind. I read some 80s thread and see Dream Theater or Saxon and vaguely recall them. You, meanwhile, are like 'dude! I saw them play the Podunk Rickety Arena before they got huge! I fuckin' partied with them!!'

Angola, I'm with you on Hasselbeck. It's been several weeks since they've faced a good QB in a meaningful game in neutral or better conditions (I discount Eli, who didn't exactly have Miami weather vs. WAS and, well, his goodness is debatable anyway). Maybe Tampa (or maybe not), probably back to the first Dallas game.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Giants can't beat Jeff Garcia in January (look it up) and Eli Manning can't put two consecutive games together against good teams.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Cowboys over Bucs
    Seahawks over Packers

Colts over Cowboys

Draft saved Draft deleted