1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFC playoff poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Jan 2, 2007.

?

Who wins the NFC?

1. Chicago

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. New Orleans

37 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. Philly

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Seattle

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Dallas

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Giants

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Where has mobility got him in the last few weeks of the season.

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I would pick Bledsoe, but there is one problem that is how that O-Line is going to play if good they can go far.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I pick the Saints simply because they seem to be the least flawed of the 6 teams in the NFC.

The Bears are beat-up and have nowhere near the snot-knocking D of early on. The Seabags have lost 3-of-4, just like the Slowpokes. The Giants and Eagles are a couple of pumpkins whose clocks won't strike midnight together only because one team has to win.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What's the distinction there with the Bengals and Steelers? They both finished 8-8 and they split their two meetings. Both pissed away games they should have won. I'd say they were as even as you can get.

And how is the strength of the division not relevant? Just because it doesn't suit your argument? The NFC is much weaker than the AFC and the NFC West is the worst division in the NFL. That makes a big difference.

And by the way, the Steelers went 3-1 vs. the NFC this year, beating the Saints and losing to the Falcons in overtime.

The Steelers did suck this year, especially the first half of the season, but the Seahawks were not much better. They just reaped the benefits of not having a team like the Ravens in their division.

Someday you will get over last season and regain the perspective you constantly accuse Steelers fans of lacking. Maybe.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Why does it always come back to the Steelers with you? Who gives a good fuck that they went 3-1 against the NFC South? I'm serious about this.

The Bengals, a good team where I sit, were 8-5 before losing to the Colts and then rather improbably on a botched center snap. The Steelers have been so far removed from contention for so long this year that attention shifted to Cowher around the time that other teams are talking about making playoff runs.

Maybe you can persuade Oz that the Steelers' and Bengals' seasons were comparable, but that's pretty much where it would end.

6. outofplace

The Steelers were still in realistic contention going into week 15. If they had won their last two games, they would have beaten the Chiefs out for the final playoff berth. Once again, you don't know what you are talking about.

Actually, the Steelers made a run and almost snuck in after a disastrous first half while the Bengals fell on their asses. And don't give me the bad snap stuff. Change just one big play in two or three of the Steelers' losses early in the season and they are the ones heading to Indy this week.

And I would think it is obvious why it always comes back to the Steelers with me.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

The way my Eagles are playing right now I would take them cause they have a better deffense then Saints, and that can help go somewhere in the playoffs.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Bengals were good at the start, Steelers were good at the end. Doesn't matter where they lost the games, bottom line, both squandered their chances.

Both were merely average this season with comparable seasons.

Please don't drag me into a Steelers-jack again. Let's stick to the NFC, OK?

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That is why there's an AFC playoff poll thread :D

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

And what happened to the Bengals at the end of the season this year they got beat by the same old Steelers.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Oh, please.

And if the queen had balls she'd be king.

You pretty much don't know what you're talking about exclusive of Steelers football.

Any fucking team can say that. Denny Green is saying that somewhere out on the golf course with a julep in hand. Derrick Brooks said that same crap two weeks ago -- with a 3-11 record. You're always a half dozen plays from being 6-10 or 10-6. It goes for any team, not just the Steelers. Not a new idea, but it appears to escape you.

12. outofplace

You were the one who brought up the one play, the bad snap that cost the Bengals a game. All I said was the Steelers could make the same claim.

And you can "Oh, please" all you want. The Steelers were alive going into week 15. If they had won that game, they would have made the playoffs. How is that not realistic contention?

Ok, maybe it's not realistic because there was no way they were going to beat the Ravens. Then again, it's better than being swept by the 49ers.

Draft saved Draft deleted